About the Writer

Tuesday, October 11, 2016



Hi everyone!

This will be my first ever post on my first ever blog, so most likely, as cliche as it may be, this will be just all about me, introducing myself. Since I’m pretty much sure I don’t have readers yet (obviously since this is my first post), I’m thinking that I’ll be having some, after posting this LOL.

Okay, so now let’s get started. My name is Jacq (Jak). I’m a 21-year-old Filipino pretty girl (LOL charot!), aspiring to be a flight attendant. I made this blog for my soon-to-be travel adventures (yup, that’s how futuristic I am). But since that will still take some time because there’s still lots of preparations to do and I’m still enjoying my kinda carefree life, stepping on the ground, might as well post something that’s not related to it. Sayang naman yung paggawa ko ng blog kung wala rin naman akong ipo-post.

Anyway, getting back to my self-introduction, I just graduated from college last year, I took up the education course where I majored Industrial Arts. You might think I took the tourism course since I wanted to be a flight attendant but nope, never even thought of choosing that course in my whole 21 years of existence, though, I’m very much aware that you don’t need to take the tourism course to become a flight attendant, since what I know is that, airline companies don’t really give too much focus on what you’ve finished in college, they even consider those who just graduated from high school.

I’m a girl living in front of a computer and phone’s screen. My life is just all about fangirling/gaying, crying over someone I can’t reach, over reacting over 2D characters. Yep, another kpop/jpop and weeb trash here.

Whenever I’m bored or have lots of things to do, I surf the net. I’m good at making friends online but is seriously an awkward potato when it comes to dealing with people in real life. I guess this is the consequence of being an internet geek, social life is really being taken away from you. Most of my friends in real life used to be just online friends, people I met on Twitter, Facebook, and such, until we met in real life, clicked and became the closest friends. Obviously, I’m surrounded by fangirl/boy friends, even my college friends are also fangirls of something/someone. It’s good to be surrounded by people you know will understand you and your feels.

I’m a frustrated writer. I used to write stories on Wattpad (LOL), but that’s already another story I don’t want to share to anyone. Aside from that, I’m also a frustrated guitarist. I was in high school when I became obsessed with learning how to play a guitar. Sadly, I already graduated from college, started working but is still a noob in playing one. Guess I’ll never learn how to play it anymore (and it hurts…).

I love being alone, and at the same time, I love being with friends. It depends on the mood, actually. When I’m alone, I usually play the Hugot playlist on Spotify and start typing what’s on my mind on my lovely computer (just like what I’m doing right now). When I’m with my friends, I talk, talk and talk until they get annoyed. I love annoying them with my noisiness. Most of the time, when we’re together, we just eat, fangirl/boy, eat again and fangirl/boy again. For us, life’s just all about facing our phones because we’re too busy refreshing the home page of Twitter and talk about the different updates we’ve read.

I hate burger, pizza, tacos, beef and shawarma. My food life revolves around buckets of french fries and tons of extra rice.

I want to visit Japan and New York soon. Ah, no, maybe live in either of those places, though I would pretty much prefer living in New York now (I used to prefer Japan but it changed).

I’m a lefty, and people find it weird. Don’t worry, because I do, too. Plus the hardships of being one is seriously... serious (hi to all lefties like me!).

I love shopping! Geez. I love it so dang much! I love buying clothes and shoes. I just also started being a skin care enthusiast which is also another reason why I need bigger money lately.

One of dreams is to become a bit healthy (you know, chubby). I’m not that skinny, but I’m not as well that healthy, just someone that’s in the middle. People might think it’s already good but nope for me, I still do think I’m skinny. I eat a lot, especially rice but I’m still not getting any bigger, which is kinda frustrating.

I think I can understand Bisaya (and I don’t know why I put “I think” in there. Haha!) though, I cannot speak the language. My Mom’s a Bisaya. She grew up in Davao City and we lived there until I was seven years old so I think my seven years of stay in there made me a bit aware of the language. Also, Mom uses her language to me whenever there’s something she wants to tell me that she doesn’t want Tagalog speakers to understand. I grew up with Mom being like that and I think that exposed me to the Bisaya language more. Though, when I went back to Davao last August after 14 years of being in Luzon and experienced being in a place where everyone speaks Bisaya, I kinda had a hard time understanding people. There was even this one time where I was in a jeepney, and the driver was talking to me in Bisaya. He actually noticed that I don’t speak Bisaya because I respond in Tagalog whenever he speaks the language. He spoke fast that I ended up not understanding him at all when I was even confident when I told him to just be comfortable in speaking the language because I can understand (my mom doesn’t speak in Bisaya to me, that fast! LOL). This was where I actually realized that I still need improvement in understanding the language, unfortunately.

I used to study the Japanese language, which was really hard, most likely to me because I’m just studying it by myself (thanks to Google and YouTube for always giving me their full support). I eventually stopped just a few months ago because I’ve been busy with work, plus the laziness that I’ve been feeling lately. I’ll eventually be back to studying it again, but not now. I already know how to read and write Hiragana, kinda forgot how to read and write some of Katakana’s characters, though. I don’t know how to read and write Kanji. So yep, my ability in understanding Japanese characters is for a kinder level. When it comes to communicating, I can say that I’m much better, though, I have to be honest that my communicating skills are for a beginner level.

My love for tragic stories is getting out of hand. Like seriously, my friends always ask me why I love crying so much over books, dramas or movies but dang, idk, I just love crying over people dying. Making myself sad has been a great hobby of mine. I love reading/watching unhappy endings, regret it in the end, read/watch it again and regret it again. Tragic is actually one of the genres I’m looking for whenever I feel like reading or watching something. Werewolf Boy for Korean and Koizora for Japanese, when it comes to movies, are my favorite. As for books, I only prefer manga which is Japanese made. I don’t read manhwa (the Korean version of manga) because it’s colored. Idk, I just don’t like reading it, though, I really get so excited whenever I hear on the news that the author of the manga I’m reading will release colored pages (I know, it’s weird and I don’t understand, either).

During my free time, if I don’t go out with friends, I just surf the internet or watch tons of anime and Japanese movies/dramas (sleepless nights,  it is). I’m not really into Korean dramas, which is actually weird thinking that I do love Kpop and Korean movies. I’ve tried multiple times to have feels for Korean dramas but I always end up not finishing the whole drama because I get sleepy and bored at whatever I try to watch, though, there was this one drama that really got me so hooked. It was Dream High. This drama was actually the reason why I started being a Kpop fan (thanks to ABS-CBN for airing it). Yes, 2PM was my first ever fandom.

Hmmm… what else can I say? I think that’s it? I don’t think I’ve said everything about myself in this blog post, but I’ve already said a lot so I’m just going to end it here and add other things about me once I feel like adding some. Or if you do have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask me! I won’t bite, I just kill (LOL jkjk).

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments