Beauty in Seoul Review

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Photo credits: www.beautyinseoul.com.ph

Lately, I've done nothing but look for an online shop which offers cheap Korean beauty and skincare products.

I can't remember when exactly it was but I was doing a little research on Google when I stumbled on Beauty in Seoul's site. The website's name got me curious about them that I had to click and check what it contains. I was only using my phone when I was browsing so I had their mobile site version being shown. At first, I thought Beauty in Seoul was an international site since that's the kind of aura it gives.

Of course, being a newbie on the site, I had to check every detail of it before they could actually convince me to buy on them. I checked their FAQs, and read all of its contents, wherein I knew that it's an online store based in the Philippines. Their FAQs mostly contains information about international shipping that I got confused, but I didn't mind it anymore when I realized that they are based in my country.

I got so excited that I scrolled onto the products they offer, right away, and while I was checking every product, I got shocked at how cheap they offer some of the products Althea Korea offers at somehow, expensive price. Although there are some products which were more expensive on their site than AK's, I can say that majority of the products they have were way cheaper than AK's, The Etude Drawing Eyebrow worth, PHP160 on AK (which I always buy on them because it's very expensive if I buy it in Etude's physical stores) is just worth, PHP139 on BiS. Honestly, because of that, I started doubting it's legibility. I also did more research about them that I discovered they are affiliated with BeautynetKorea. When I first discovered this, I really thought they were not legit and was just trying to look like BeautynetKorea (for those who don't know, BeautynetKorea is a famous online shopping website. They offer individual and wholesale Korean beauty and skincare products and they also ship internationally. People from Western countries usually purchase on them) to convince people to purchase products on them. Their sites were very much the same in almost every aspect and because of these, I emailed their customer support and asked if they were legit. I know they would answer yes, like, who in this freaking world would admit that they are selling something fake, anyway? But I still had to do it to know if they will show or offer something that'll make me convince that they are not.
This is what they said when I emailed them

And yup, with just this, they convinced me to buy on their site (LOL. I know. I got convinced easily). I finally used my laptop when I was doing my purchase and to my surprise, their website version wasn't as attractive as AK's. No wonder you'll really doubt the website on a first sight (hi to those who judge something or someone physically! LOL) but still, I went ahead and chose what I really wanted to buy. My hands were really itching to buy their Etude products but when I heard on the news that fake Etude products are scattered everywhere recently, I decided to not buy on them. Since it's my first time, I thought I should make sure first if I'll be buying legit products.

Products I first bought on them (lol this doesn't seem like I'm doubting them at all)

I was actually about to purchase more products than that, but because it's just my first try, I chose to buy just what I really needed. I didn't pay for the shipping fee as they will offer it for free if you purchase a minimum of worth, PHP1000.

BiS do have two options in their payment method, one is through deposit process, and the other one is through PayPal. I chose PayPal as my payment method. I recently started making payment transactions through PayPal whenever I buy something online ever since I had my credit card. The process of buying products on them went smoothly. I even had a PHP350 discount on my first purchase since I was a new member (yay!).

Right after I placed my order, I checked my email to see if I will be receiving an email stating that I bought something from them (a receipt or what, just like what AK usually does) but I didn't receive anything. I emailed them about it until I discovered that it went ahead to my spam folder that's why I didn't see it right away. It was my bad for not checking my spam folder.

The next day, a staff from BiS texted me stating that they have already shipped my order. I was really very happy with how fast they had my order delivered and the next day after that, I already received my ordered products.

As much as I wanted to show you guys how my ordered products looked like, I can't because I wasn't able to take any pictures of it. But yeah, all of the products I received were all in good condition, and everything was legit. Plus, they also gave me a few samples of some Korean products which I actually didn't expect. The only issue I had was when they've given me the wrong shade of Missha BB cream. I immediately emailed them about it and they responded right away telling that they will have it exchanged to the right shade. I shipped the wrong Missha BB Cream back to them and they assured me that I don't have to worry about the shipping fee because they they will shoulder it.

They shipped the right shade of the Missha BB Cream right away and I received it two days after they had it shipped. They even added another set of sample products as a compensation for the inconvenience caused.

Right after that first purchase, I was credited 500 mileage points for successfully doing so and had a few more points added because of the products I bought. In total, I had worth, 644 mileage points which I can use on my next purchase.

BiS do offer mileage points on each product you buy on their website which Althea Korea doesn't offer. The points you earn can be used as a discount on your next purchase. And yes, BiS do offer, 1 mileage point = 1 peso discount (isn't that amazing?). Although they don't offer a referral program like what AK offers, I think this one is much better, right?
My mileage points! :D
What I like about BiS is that they can be easily be contacted as the staff responds right away to queries but I feel sad that they don't sell that much Korean beauty/skincare brands as much as what BeautynetKorea or Althea Korea do. But I'm guessing it's because they just started their business in here. Hopefully, they get to expand more and have as much product as what BeautynetKorea offers. Another thing is their website, I hope they could do something to make it more eye catching as it will also help them get a lot of customers.

They also have a wholesale section just like BeautynetKorea if you wish to open your own business. So for those who've already seen or heard Beauty in Seoul but is still doubting their legibility, worry not guys, because they are 100% legit.

Still not convinced? You can visit their physical store in Fisher Mall. I'm not really sure where BiS's store is located in there as I haven't been to the said place but you can just go ahead and ask the guards in there. Check their products and see for yourself.

Will I continue buying products on them? Yes, I actually just made my second purchase a few days ago :)

Questions? Don't hesitate to contact me.

***

I am not in any way or form affiliated to Beauty in Seoul nor they are doing a sponsorship for this review. This one is solely based on my experience and they didn't ask me to do this.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Thank you for this review. This was very helpful because I was also skeptical about their website at first. But now, I will finally sign up and shop for my favorite k-beauty products! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww~ You're welcome! Glad this review helped :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete