Regular Credit Card Application

Friday, September 01, 2017

Photo credits: www.unionbankph.com
Hi! So I'm back once again after a couple of months of not posting anything. It felt like I had this era of laziness and I just forgot all about my blog. Anyways, how are you guys? My previous posts got a lot of views all over the world and it's just making me so happy. Thank you so much!

But yeah, here I am again, back with another new experience (uhhh, not really).

A few months ago, I posted about my secured credit card application experience. Now, I'm posting and sharing my regular credit card application experience.

After multiple tries and attempts of getting an approved credit card in different banks, Unionbank saw my potential in being a good payer and approved my application (Charot!). Seriously though, yep, I got approved by Unionbank and I now have a Gold GetGo Credit Card.

Applying for a credit card sure is not easy. Getting a good standing as well is not easy especially if you're that type to usually use your credit card beyond your limit. Good thing I'm not that kind of person (uhhh, kind of). I've never been a late nor minimum amount payer ever since I got my secured credit card. I always make sure to pay right before the due date so as to avoid paying high interests credit cards have.

I know I've only had my secured credit card last January but I already started applying for a regular credit card last month being confident that I have a good credit standing. I applied at BDO, BPI, EastWest, Metrobank, AUB, and Citibank but all of them got declined. Reason? I don't know. Banks don't usually tell the reason why they decline CC applications.

I tried my luck in UnionBank this time when I saw an ad on my email about their GetGo credit card. I really didn't take my application seriously this time unlike when I applied before because I was already expecting it will just be declined again. I applied online on their website.

Photo credits: www.getgo.unionbankph.com/apply
Notice how the Gold GetGo CC doesn't have any annual income requirement unlike the Platinum one. This was one of the reasons which pushed me to apply as well since I qualify for their requirements.

Another thing which got me interested in trying my luck is because of their promotion that if you applied for a credit card and it got approved, you will get 8,000 GetGo points once you accumulated at least, PHP 20,000 using their GetGo credit card. The promotion was only valid until the end of August and you should be able to accrue the said amount by the end of September to get worth, 8000 points which are enough to bring you to Japan.

I applied and sent the requirements needed last July 17, I didn't receive a call right away from them for a background check but when I did, I was not able to answer it because I was at work. They emailed me right away and asked me about the best time to call so I just told them to do so on my rest day. July 21st, I received a call from one of their representatives named Nina and she asked a few questions about all the information I have attached in the application form I submitted. She also asked and confirmed my annual income which when I said was right, she told me if I have any other source of income as that will give me high chances of getting an approved CC. I told her about my part-time job wherein I profit around PHP 5000-6000 per month and she added it to my annual income.

Right after confirming that all the information I provided, she asked me to send my proof of income, I sent her a copy of my Certificate of Employment (COE) and BIR Form 2316. Before ending the call, she informed me that she will start processing my application and that it will take 10-15 business days for the whole process.

As what I've mentioned earlier, I didn't really expect much on this as I usually get declined application when I received an email from them telling that my application got approved.

Exactly what it will look like if you get an approved GetGo CC in UnionBank
I applied last July 17th, got a call for background check last July 21st and received an approved application last August 14th. You'll see that my application process took more than the allotted time they've given me (which is already expected).

The card was delivered to my home address last August 18th despite having my office address as my billing address. The courier told me that when she went to the office, the guards weren't entertaining her at all that's why she gave my home address a try and had it delivered. Good thing it was my rest day when it got delivered or else her effort for that day will just go to waste. I apologized for what she experienced and signed the paper together with my valid I.D (which she asked me to show) before she gave me my credit card.



Here's how it looked like when I received it
Honestly, as a newbie in the world of credit card, I'm amazed by how nice their credit card envelope is. Unlike Security Bank, it's just your typical envelope which has their name on it.

The first thing I checked? Of course, my credit limit, I was actually expecting it would be, at least, a bit bigger than the credit limit I have with my Security Bank credit card but nope, it's just the same, I only have PHP 12000 as my credit limit as well. Pretty much they just based my CL on my SB CC. I was even planning to close my secured CC if it happened that my UnionBank CC has bigger CL but well, I guess it won't go that way this time.

On the other hand, I'm quite thankful that it's just this small because if they increased it, I would've used it more than how I should be using it.

It was indicated in the envelope that if the card is received by the owner, it will automatically be activated after 3 business days that's why I didn't bother calling their support team to have it activated.

See the caption below the red sticker
So far, I'm loving my UnionBank credit card plus the fact that I'm excited about getting the 8000 GetGo points. What I'm not loving is their support team. For some reason, I'm always waiting in the queue for like 10-15 minutes long and no one is still getting my call and it's annoying how it's always happening to me whenever I try to contact them (ugh!)

So that's it for my first regular CC application. Their #FlyForFreeFaster promotion had already ended but if you want to know more about it, you can just click this link.

Questions? Contact me.

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments